About NuVision Biotherapies
NuVision Biotherapies is an exciting and growing company in the field of regenerative medicine. We are a spin out from the University of Nottingham and recently won the Medilink Start Up of the year. NuVision’s ground-breaking platform technology is Omnigen, a dehydrated human amniotic membrane-derived regenerative therapy that can be used to treat numerous ophthalmology indications including chemical burns, persistent epithelial defects and dry eye. Building on this theme, NuVision’s latest innovation is OmniLenz, a revolutionary bespoke contact lens that allows Omnigen regeneration to be delivered in the clinic without the need of surgery or sutures.
About this role:
We are pleased to announce that we are now inviting applications for the role of Medical Science Liaison Officer. This reflects the increasing number and complexity of our clinical development program located in the UK and overseas. We are looking for a passionate, tenacious and talented individual who will embrace the experience and challenge to enable NuVision to become a recognised and successful player in the ophthalmic regenerative medicine market. The successful applicants will take responsibility for developing clinical programs by working closely with experts in the various fields of Ophthalmology to create key clinical data and relationships. The successful candidates will be able to demonstrate commercial as well as scientific acumen. Furthermore, personal drive and communication skills are key qualities required to deliver in this unique opportunity for the right individual.
As a Medical Science Liaison the main purpose of your role will be to
- Initiate and build partnerships with external healthcare professionals (HCPs),
- To drive the acquisition of clinical data in support of Nu-Vision products
- Communicate evidence based critical scientific, technical and development issues relating to company products.
Key deliverables will include:
- Development of partnerships with investigators, opinion leaders and healthcare professionals scientific, evidence based communication and education
- Support of HCPs to ensure Investigator-initiated studies (IITs) are performed on time and within budget
- Clinical trial activities including grant applications and ethics approval
- Scientific projects & research including scientific reviews of specific indications
- Production and support of HCPs to produce publications (abstracts, posters, case studies and peer reviewed papers)
- Scientific support to marketing teams and their programmes including direct communication with HCPs
- Input and/or attendance at medical educational programmes, advisory boards, training
As a Medical Science Liaison you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience
- BSc (Hons) and significant medical/clinical experience
- Preferably, PhD, MRPharmS, MB BS, MB ChB (desirable)
- Preferably experience within a regenerative medicine field or ophthalmology
- Excellent influencing, networking, presentation and communication skills and the ability to work within cross-functional teams
- The ability to communicate scientific information to a variety of audiences
- Minimum 1 years pharmaceutical industry experience preferable
- Demonstrable understanding of clinical development and GCP
- Ability to manage multiple projects and adapt priorities according to business and strategic needs.
- The highest ethical standards, with a working knowledge of relevant clinical regulations
In return, we offer a range of benefits including:
- Competitive salary based on skills, experience and qualifications
- High Performance Incentive Awards
- 25 days annual leave
- Car allowance, phone and laptop
- Group personal pension scheme with flexible contributions
To apply for a role please forward your CV and covering letter highlighting your key skills, reasons for applying and current salary/package to email@example.com