We are currently inviting applications for opportunities with the Commercial Specialist Team. We have opportunities on the following territories:
- Southern England
- London and East Anglia
- North England
About NuVision Biotherapies
This is your chance to join one of the UK’s most recent and exciting regenerative medicine start-up companies. With a first focus in ophthalmology and a clear ambition to bring global innovation to UK eye and wound care, NuVision is an ambitious, award-winning new player in the tissue regeneration sector. NuVision was founded to commercialise a ground-breaking amniotic membrane-derived platform technology for the treatment of a wide range of ocular surface diseases and wound care situations. Spun out from the University of Nottingham in 2015, NuVision evolved from 15 years of cutting edge translational academic research and continues to evolve, backed by strong scientific and clinical expertise.
NuVision’s ground-breaking platform technology is Omnigen, a dehydrated human amniotic membrane-derived regenerative therapy that can uniquely be used to surgically treat a profile of ophthalmology indications including chemical burns, trauma, ulcers, persistent epithelial defects, glaucoma, oculoplastic, severe ocular surface inflammation, and dry eye. Pioneered at the University of Nottingham, Omnigen provides surgeons with an easily accessible and highly effective sight-saving transplant-therapy, delivering practice changing eye care for patients. Building on this theme, NuVision’s latest innovation is OmniLenz, a revolutionary bespoke contact lens that allows Omnigen regeneration to be delivered in the clinic, uniquely without the need of complex surgery or sutures. This state-of-the-art combined technology has the potential to redefine ophthalmology clinical care, and has considerable wider wound care application potential, including treatment of diabetic foot ulcers.
About the role:
We are looking for passionate, tenacious and talented individuals in the territories who will embrace the experience and challenge to become a recognised and successful player in the ophthalmic regenerative medicine market. The successful applicants will join a newly formed national sales team and take responsibility for developing new customers, increasing Company sales, revenues and profitability at a territory level. Working closely with the rest of the team, they will be contributing to the long-term success of an up-and-coming start-up company with growing market presence. The successful candidates must have a proven track record in medical sales and have the emotional maturity and competence to build good relationships based on trust, respect and the ability to affect consultative sales. Personal drive, commitment, organisational and business skills are key qualities required to deliver outstanding results within this rapidly growing area.
- Join a dynamic national team motivated by their ambition to further expand access to a revolutionary new product to treat ocular surface disease, in the territory
- Work closely with other colleagues to enable and drive activities jointly to successfully develop & grow this business opportunity.
- Achieve sales and activity targets as set by the company through effective planning and implementation of strategic plans
- Build strong customer and local KOL relationships, and drive the right mix of activities needed to support the business strategy on a territory level.
- Keep records of customer contacts and all relevant customer information in the CRM system up to date
- Understand clinical and management priorities on the relevant territory, and maintain up to date knowledge of products and therapy areas.
- Administration of the contract, supplier set up, and procurement process.
- Understand and remain updated on the NHS environment both at a National and Local level.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues sharing market intelligence that may influence other regions.
Key activities of this role include:
- Map relevant external stakeholders and decision makers, create & maintain relationships, including purchasing and KOL management
- Identify and qualify potential centres of excellence
- Identify unmet needs of the UK regenerative market, their stakeholders and support creating incremental value for the company
- Monitor and analyse the market, understand barriers & address drivers, assess competitive environment & report trends
- Plan and deliver client sales presentations and educational seminars that may influence purchasing decision
- Support exhibition management and participation at stands
- Establish well-working stakeholder networks to support e.g. referrals
- Gain alignment with the marketing team on strategies and marketing collaterals for assigned portfolio
- Ensure correct supply chain management
- Function as territory representative in the commercial UK team
Qualifications and competencies
- Extensive strategic medical sales experience essential, preferably within ophthalmology
- Excellent NHS experience required, especially engaging with procurement
- Operating Theatre experience essential
- Broader commercial experience outside of a theatre sales role is essential (e.g. commercial strategy role, or marketing)
- Extensive experience understanding broader market dynamics essential including value drivers and reimbursement system
What else will you need?
- High performer with leadership skills and potential to develop
- Entrepreneurial attitude, being a self-starter and goal orientated
- Good communication and presentation skills with ability to positively influence mindsets and gain commitment
- Ability to rapidly gain trust, building up internal and external relationships
- Maintain accountability for his/her actions and be able to take all aspects into consideration for decision-making process in challenging situations
- Demonstrate both strategic and analytical capabilities
- Problem-solving mindset with project management skills
In return, we offer a range of benefits including:
- Competitive salary based on skills, experience and qualifications
- High Performance Incentive Awards
- 25 days annual leave
- Car allowance, phone and laptop
- Group personal pension scheme with flexible contributions
To apply for a role please forward your CV and covering letter highlighting your key skills, reasons for applying and current salary/package to email@example.com
Please state the vacancy, Territory Development Manager (together with the specific territory), in your subject heading.