Manufacturing Technician internship
Length of Internship: 3 months
Salary: £1,250 per month
Company: NuVision Biotherapies
Location: NuVision Biotherapies, MediCity D6 Building, Thane Road, Boots site, Nottingham, NG90 6BH
About NuVision Biotherapies
NuVision® (www.nu-vision.co.uk) is a regenerative medicine company spun from the University of Nottingham. An established company for the commercialisation of high quality and affordable biotherapies for treating ‘front of the eye’ disease and trauma. NuVision clean room clinical manufacturing laboratories, licenced by the Human Tissue Authority (HTA) and offices are based at MediCity, Boots Enterprise Zone in Nottingham.
NuVision is unique in that we are the UK’s first ophthalmology focused regenerative medicine company, formed from and supported by a world leading academic corneal research and development group at the University of Nottingham
The company’s flagship product is Omnigen®, a biological wound dressing which aids the regeneration and healing of the surface of the eye. Omnigen is a first of its kind human amniotic membrane-derived dry preserved biological wound dressing which is set to revolutionise the clinical management corneal disease.
What we are looking for:
NuVision is looking for an exceptional and committed junior biological scientist to join the manufacturing and product development team to support manufacturing of Omnigen. The internship will be based in the MediCity facilities. The successful candidate will contribute to routine manufacturing and quality control of Omnigen, whilst contributing to the day to day operational activity of our high-tech clean room manufacturing facilities.
The internship may provide an opportunity for fulltime employment.
- Supporting Omnigen manufacturing, under sterile and aseptic conditions and to quality-controlled standards
- Follow standard operating procedures and ensure good documentation records.
- Running and maintaining clean room equipment.
- Maintaining and cleaning a GMP clean room facility.
- Packaging and labeling quality assurance approved product
- Processing orders for clinical distribution.
- Maintaining laboratory consumables and reagent stocks through track and trace systems.
- Working with and process human tissues to regulatory standards
- Accurately record laboratory data in line with Human Tissue Authority regulatory requirement
- Carrying out routine environment data collection for regulatory purposes.
You will receive extensive on the job training and support in clean room manufacturing environment. So, who are we looking for?
- Ideally have a degree in science subject.
- Ability to follow instructions written and verbal.
- Great time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving abilities and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Positive and committed work ethic, with strong career aspirations in science and industry
- Good communication skills, in person and electronically
- An inquisitive and driven nature!
Please direct all enquiries and applications in the form of a cover letter and a CV to be sent to Maria Mendoza, firstname.lastname@example.org