(National role based in the Midlands)
An exciting opportunity is open for an ambitious optometry-qualified candidate, with an interest in delivering innovation in eyecare, to join our entrepreneurial ophthalmology tissue-technology business.
NuVision Biotherapies (www.nu-vision.co.uk) is an emerging start-up company with a fast-growing UK brand and an expanding international profile. Working towards transforming the field of ophthalmology, NuVision is proud to provide their customers with high quality products, technical and clinical expertise, and consistent customer education and support. The vision and enthusiasm throughout the business is the driving force behind an energetic and customer-centric culture.
Launched in 2015, NuVision’s ground-breaking product is Omnigen®, a dehydrated human amniotic membrane tissue-based therapy that is routinely used in a hospital setting to treat an array of ocular surface diseases. The company’s most recent innovation, OmniLenz (https://www.nu-vision.co.uk/omnilenz), is a revolutionary bespoke contact lens that enables easy application of Omnigen without the need of surgery or sutures. For the first time, the healing benefits of amniotic membrane can be routinely accessed in an outpatient setting, providing healthcare professionals with a new treatment option for a broader range of ocular surface diseases.
NuVision is now expanding its focus into dry eye disease, which affects as many as 1 in 10 adults and is amongst the most common ocular disorder leading patients to seek medical attention and treatment.
Your new role?
NuVision is creating an exciting opportunity for a qualified prescribing optometrist to join our clinical team as a specialist in dry eye. As an Optometry Clinical Specialist, you will work in parallel with Aston University’s ongoing clinical programme, which aims to demonstrate the benefit of Omnigen in moderate-to-severe dry eye disease. You will be responsible for the knowledge transfer and interpretation of outputs into the company’s clinical adoption strategy and assist in developing the company’s future clinical aims. The role is associated with a unique opportunity to undertake a company-sponsored higher degree (PhD) in the subject area, at Aston University, under the supervision of Professor James Wolffsohn.
You will support the development and implementation of NuVision’s educational and training program to drive clinical uptake of the treatment therapy. Central to this role is the requirement to proactively pursue key opinion leader (KOL) and healthcare professional (HCP) relationships on a national level, providing scientific and clinical support, training, and education around the in-office use of Omnigen. Additionally, you will be responsible for representing the patient outlook to the internal stakeholders, through information obtained during clinical practice, patient-public involvement groups and through advisory boards with KOLs.
The role will also involve representing the company, and where necessary presenting, at UK and international conferences and exhibitions, and will work extensively to support the commercial team within NuVision.
This role is field based, and will involve extensive national and potentially international travel, but is required to be within a commutable distance from Aston University.
Keeping up to date with industry and therapy trends is essential as you will become the expert for the company in this area.
The successful applicant
- BSc Hons degree in Optometry with upper second-class hons (minimum).
- Registration as Optometrist with General Optical Council (GOC) (preferred).
- Minimum of 1-year prior experience as a practicing Optometrist in a primary or NHS care setting (desired).
- Eligible for PhD registration as home student status.
- Established relationships with regional KOLs and HCPs is advantageous.
- Highly motivated self-starter with a positive attitude, possessing the initiative required to achieve desired goals both independently and within a team structure.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication, and presentational skills.
- Strong relationship-building and networking skills.
- Strong administrative and self-management skills.
- Ability to understand, process, interpret and communicate scientific and medical data to a high standard and to audiences of different knowledge-levels.
- UK passport and have UK residency.
- Full clean UK driving licence.
- Ability to travel ~50% of your time.
Salary and Benefits
- This position offers a clear career path for high achievers with development potential.
- Company-sponsored PhD higher degree at Aston University with Professor James Wolffsohn as the lead supervisor.
- A competitive salary, pension scheme, and eligibility for the company share option scheme.
So, what’s next?
If you’re interested in this role, please direct enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Closing date: 31st January 2023.